One of the many reasons I feel so passionately about layer styles in photoshop (if someone outside of our little scrap geek world reads this they will probably think I’ve lost my mind) is the ability to absolutely transform an element into something completely new! It is SO insanely fun to do and can be SO SO easy. Below is an example of this:
The top of the original word art – it is a digital stamp.
Wood Veneer –
- For the wood veneer I simply took the word art – added a stroke around.
- Then applied a wood veneer style to it.
- I duplicated the original word art and applied one of the “burn” effects to it and gained this fun new element!
Watercolor Sticker –
- For the sticker I took the word art – used my paint brush to make a multi-color fill
- Then applied a watercolor style to the word art layer.
- I then added a stroke to it and then applied an art canvas style to that!
Sound confusing? It really isn’t and if you watch the video below you can see me do it in real time!
The code to pick up the Watercolor Style is: expand-water
The code to pick up the Wood Veneer Style is: expand-veneer
These codes expire 9/30/16.
If you haven’t had a chance to check out my challenge at TLP be sure to go participate and pick up the free styles that are part of the challenge!